Yes you can freeze it and here is how:
1. If you have a lot of macaroni salad, you would divide it into smaller containers.
2. If you dont have that much salad, you can just place it all in a freezable container or bag. This method will keep the air out and prevent the food from spoiling faster.
3. It is always a good idea to label everything you freeze. This way its easy to quickly see when a certain frozen item has passed its point of return. So in this case, label your containers of macaroni salad.
4. At this point you can place the containers in the freezer, but for now longer that 3 to 5 days.
5. When the time arrives to serve the rest of the macaroni salad, you have to thaw it. Basically this means it needs to be unfrozen. Macaroni Salad is consists partly out of mayonnaise and is therefore a perishable food. Thawing it is required as a result and could take up to 3hours after which you can serve it.
Please like our Facebook Page
More Macaroni Salad